Thursday, November 4, 2010

Remembering Fess Parker

Wayne, 60, Georgetown, TX
 
Fess Parker as Davy CrockettI met Fess Parker at Disneyland when I was five years old, in 1955. It was sad to hear that he had passed on. My mom and dad took me to Disneyland and I had to go in my full Davy Crockett outfit. Yes, I had the coonskin cap and "buckskins"! I think it was the official outfit. I don't know if he was just there, if my parents arranged it, or someone told him about the cute kid in the Davy Crockett outfit but he came up to me, shook my hand, and introduced himself. I don't remember much except that I met him and he was a really nice and friendly guy. I don't remember much of anything else from the visit – at five years old, meeting your hero wipes memories of anything else out. It was a great day, and I will always remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...