Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Magic Is NOT Just for Kids!

Pam, 45, Powell, TN
The Magic Is NOT Just for Kids!



I have been to Disney World many times in my life but the magic is always the same ... just like the first time. Maybe it is because it takes me back to a time when life was more innocent and carefree ... the feeling I get when I see that castle on the horizon is like no other. 

Well, something happened to me during my trip in 2001. Sixty days before our trip, I got up extremely early and started dialing the number to book the Cinderella character breakfast for me and my daughters. I knew the chances of getting through to an operator were slim but my daughter and I were each trying on different phone lines. She was able to get through and we booked the reservation. I was as excited (if not more) as they were. Cinderella has always been my favorite Disney Character. I remember going to see the movie with my grandmother and aunt at the Tennessee Theater in downtown Knoxville when I was just a girl. They are both deceased but that memory is alive and well in my heart. I am still a huge believer in fairy tales and the concept of Prince Charming. 

We went to the parks and both of my daughters cheered at the UCA competition there. I believe it was a Friday morning that we were scheduled to eat. In the lobby of the castle, the Fairy Godmother came down and got her picture made with all the children. For some reason, I felt very emotional during that time, but contained myself. 

Soon it was time for us to be seated. We went upstairs and were seated at a table in the center of the room. We were served the fabulous meal and then we saw the Characters. First Prince Charming came to our table but soon, there she was -- Cinderella. When she came to our table, I don't know what happened to me but I lost it. Big tears started running down my face. I felt like a fool. Here I was, a grown woman, crying in the presence of Cinderella. 

Everyone at our table laughed at me but I think they all felt something too. My mom was with us and she had me get up and took my picture with Cinderella. I couldn't stop the tears. I was laughing and crying at the same time. I can only imagine what the girl representing Cinderella was thinking. That was such a wonderful and magical moment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...