Monday, May 16, 2011

Magical Memories

Karen, 43, Chesterfield, VA


Magical MemoriesIt was mid-December 1998. I was vacationing at Walt Disney World with my wonderful husband, our two beautiful children and my 2 devoted parents. It was the season to rejoice and that's just what we were doing as we watched the Disney Christmas Parade.

It was such a joyous time! Two days after returning home to Virginia, my father unexpectedly passed away. The last picture we took of him was with my daughter wearing the sombreros in the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot. He had that grandpa joy about him as he watched Dumbo fly his grandchildren round and round. He took great pleasure in biting the ear off a Mickey Mouse ice cream! He was living a part of his childhood that he had missed, having grown up during the Great Depression. He truly had the time of his life. I thank Disney for making the last days of my father's life so magical and memorable for him, and for my family. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Kudos to Walt, you've done it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...