Saturday, May 28, 2011

An Emotional Encounter with Winnie the Pooh

Mariann, 39, Oklahoma City, OK

I have always loved Disney and its characters. I remember the Bicentenial Parade when I was five years old and riding on the carousel. It's no surprise that my friends and I would watch Disney movies and sing along with Winnie the Pooh as a "little black rain cloud" during slumber parties in junior high. My two best friends since fourth grade felt the same as I did about anything Disney.

Many years later, one of these friends was taken from us in the Oklahoma City bombing. In 2008, I returned to Walt Disney World with my family – it was as amazing as I remembered. We ate at the Crystal Palace and I had my picture taken with Pooh. After he moved on to the next table, I found that I was I crying. That hug was from the three of us, but more importantly it was FOR the three of us from Pooh and the happiest place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...