Wednesday, April 13, 2011

From Guest to Entertainer

Michelle, 42, Yorba Linda, CA


As a child, I made my first trip to Disneyland when I was just four years old. I can't even count the number of times I've visited since then. Even as an adult, I get goosebumps from all the shows and parades at the Park. More so, I always think about the performers and how lucky they are to be doing what they love in a place everyone loves. I took my own daughter to the Park for the first time when she was two and, again, she's been there more times than I can count.

When she was in 7th grade and first on her colorguard squad, you can imagine how thrilled I was when she told me that her band (and guard) had been invited to march down Main Street. The kids practiced hard and I even took the day off so I could be there to watch my child perform. It was opening night for the 2009 Holiday Season and I lined up with thousands of other Guests who grabbed spots along Main Street to see the Christmas Parade.

Suddenly the Park announcer introduced Bernardo Yorba Middle School and they began marching. Everyone clapped and cheered for the kids as they performed their hearts out. I'll never forget the beaming smile on my daughter's face as she walked the route with her team ... it was evident she knew everyone was excited and cheering for them. She later told me she couldn't wait for the following season, as she hoped that Disneyland would invite them back. Thank you Disneyland for giving the kids an opportunity to showcase their talent and letting them be "stars for a day" in the happiest place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...