Friday, April 15, 2011

Thankful at Walt Disney World

Lucinda, 35, Spring, TX


Thankful at Walt Disney WorldMy family and I went to Disney World during Thanksgiving. It was the most beautiful place! Every corner of the Parks, every worker, and every exhibit we encountered helped us forget the world outside and love the world we were in. We needed to be thankful for something and to run away from the world of sickness. My husband had just finished six rounds of chemotherapy, and my son who had a major stroke at birth was experiencing seizures, which could only be fixed with surgery. Disney gave us a reason to laugh and smile during a time in our lives when we could not feel joy.

My son has just had his eleventh birthday, and my husband is still fighting the good fight. My little girl and I still remember that we have so much to be thankful for. Thanks Disney for the magic! We hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...