Friday, October 1, 2010

Seeing Walt at Disneyland

Yvonne, 51, Gardnerville, NC


The Day I Bumped Into WaltLong ago when the world was a little different and I was just about 12 years old, my mother took my younger sister and me to Disneyland in California. We would be able to visit there often because we lived close enough, there was no such thing as freeway traffic and it was a great place to visit for a long day.

I recall walking into Disneyland, past the train station, and into the area where we would go to visit Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln – that attraction was always our first stop. One very special day, as we left the show and looked toward Main Street, there was a horse-drawn carriage coming toward us and Walt Disney was riding up on top with the driver and waving at the people passing by. It was one of the most exciting events in my entire life! He even waved directly at us! It will always remain in my memory. What a wonderful man with such a great unselfish vision!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...